One of the toughest things about making a survey is knowing how to ask the questions that you really need to ask to find out the things you're looking to get.
Whether it's a customer satisfaction survey you're wanting, or maybe you're looking to make sure you're staying on top of employee engagement. Sure, you could spend ages thinking of questions for yourself. Or alternatively you could use one of our expert written survey and questionnaire templates.
Customer Satisfaction Surveys
It sounds obvious but customers help businesses to grow. Ensuring that your customers are satisfied ought to be a key concern for you if you run any kind of business. Whether it's customer service scoring or ensuring that satisfaction levels are high among your customers, businesses who actively track and manage customer focused metrics outperform those who don't. A customer satisfaction survey is the best way to listen to your customers at scale.
As well as the classic Net Promoter Score, we have survey templates for CSAT (Customer Satisfaction) and CES (Customer Effort Score).
Use these questionnaire templates to ensure that you're staying on top of how your customers feel and to ensure you can act early when they're not satisfied.
- Client satisfaction survey template
- Net Promoter Score (NPS) survey template
- Customer satisfaction survey template
- Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) survey template
- Customer effort score (CES) survey template
- Customer service survey template
- Post churn survey template
- User satisfaction survey template
Q&A about customer satisfaction
What is customer satisfaction and why is it important to growing my business?
Customer satisfaction measures how your product, service, and overall experience either falls short, meets, or exceeds customer expectations.
Companies who pay close attention to customer satisfaction and customer feedback see the following benefits:
- Increased competitive advantage
- Create referrals to grow your customer base
- Reduce churn
- Decrease cost of acquisition
- Increase lifetime value by inspiring repeat customers
- Boost overall revenue
What's an NPS survey?
NPS (Net Promoter Score) is a system for measuring customer satisfaction. Created by Bain and Company, it asks respondents how likely they would be to recommend a brand to their friends. The idea is to get a very visceral gauge of how much they trust your brand.
Online survey tools are amazing at measuring this because Net Promoter Score surveys can be sent easily via email or text message, to be completed in any web browser.
Many tools charge based on the number of surveys you create. Tools like doopoll allow you to create unlimited surveys free of charge and also follow up NPS scores with open-ended questions.
Take a look at the best metrics for measuring customer service and satisfaction scores here.
Find out why doopoll is a great online survey tool to use for many purposes and how it compares to other popular survey tools like SurveyMonkey.
How can I make sure my customer doesn't churn?
Research by thinkJar says that 67% of consumers cite bad experiences as reason for churn. Churn is one of the saddest metrics to track since it is such an easy but neglected win.
Churn means that a repeat customer (particularly in subscription based businesses) has decided not to continue being a customer. As the thinkJar number states, 2 out of 3 people say that low satisfaction through bad experience is the reason for churn.
Maintaining or increasing customer satisfaction levels is key to ensuring that you don’t lose repeat revenue from customers.
If you're interested in reading more, we've got a whole article on retention
Charity and Nonprofit Surveys
Running a charity can be tough. You have to do a lot with the resources available to you. From fundraising, to getting the messaging right, or managing volunteers, the demands on your time, attention and money are numerous.
That's why it's important to leverage surveys to do jobs that you shouldn't be doing 1-to-1. There's no need for you to interview every volunteer to work out where they're best placed when you could be using a volunteer onboarding survey template.
Use these free survey templates designed for charity and nonprofit use to ensure that you get the important work you need to do done with the least effort:
- Messaging/Brand testing survey template
- Fundraiser event planning survey template
- Donor feedback survey template
- Volunteer onboarding survey template
- Volunteer satisfaction survey template
So much effort goes into making the course material and educational experience of any school, college or university work for students and teachers alike. But how much of that gets quantified and can be managed easily?
Getting data which supports how well the students feel supported or making sure that you're capturing valuable marketing information from graduates who have started careers isn't hard. But asking the questions can be. That's why we've got these expert written education survey templates which you can use:
- Course feedback survey
- Graduate feedback survey template
- Career plans survey template
- Student satisfaction survey template
- Student mental wellbeing survey template
Looking for free survey tools?
If you're looking to get started with a survey, whether it's to your employees or customers, you've come to the right place.
You can use doopoll to create your next free online survey. Ask unlimited questions, choose from multiple question types, make unlimited surveys and much more.
doopoll is 100% real time meaning you get instant feedback from the people you care about. See the results come in live and presented in beautiful charts and reports. Get real time sentiment analysis on open-ended questions so you don't have to wade through pages of data to find what you're looking for.
doopoll is the perfect choice for your next online survey. Easy to use. Free to get started and paid plans for every size company.
Employees are one of the best resources that any company has. They make the difference between a mediocre and an excellent business. Ensure that your employees are satisfied and supported with these expert written survey templates.
- Employee benefits survey template
- Employee satisfaction survey template
- Career development survey template
- Manager performance survey template
- Culture barometer survey template
- Job satisfaction survey template
- Employee feedback survey template
Event Planning Surveys
Event organisers spend a huge amount of time on planning their events. But what makes events work? Attendees/delegates!
What separates good from great in event planning is using attendee or delegate data to manage and improve their future events.
These survey templates cover off all that you'll need to get to grips with attendee requirements, workshop and training feedback, engaging attendees in debate and understanding how you did with a post-event feedback survey template.
- Event feedback survey template
- Live audience feedback survey template
- Seminar feedback survey template
- Pre-event survey template
- Conference feedback survey template
- Workshop feedback survey template
- Content planning survey template
- Training satisfaction survey template
How can I use these survey templates?
To use one of these prewritten survey templates, here's what you do:
- Using the list below or our survey template library, choose the survey you want to use and click the link
- When the survey page loads, you can either read more about the survey template, or you can click 'Create this template for free'
- If you haven't created an account on doopoll yet, you'll just need to answer one or two questions – it's free and you'll be up and running within two minutes.
- Once you're happy the survey fits your needs – share the link using the 'Share' screen on your survey
Market Research Surveys
Evaluating how a market will receive your product or service can save you heaps of anxiety when you're starting a business or expanding into a new area. So why wouldn't you spend a little bit of time surveying your potential customers or markets to get the data that will drive growth?
Every business will be different but here are some simple survey templates that you can use to build your next big business.
- Pricing sensitivity survey template
- Market validation survey template
- Pain point SEO survey template
- Advertising effectiveness survey template
- Website evaluation survey template
- Product market fit survey template (Superhuman)
- Product satisfaction survey template
Recruiters love doopoll. We've got brilliant case studies of how recruiters use our innovative survey product to help engage candidates post recruitment, to ensure that they're getting good client satisfaction scores and more.
Here's a few templates specifically designed for recruiters who want to make the most of their customer relationships: